Saturday, July 30, 2016

Legacy

Mark Twain once said, ~20 years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow line. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail. Explore. Dream. Discover.~ Without a doubt, you never really think how far you've come in regards to pushing yourself mentally, especially when it involves something that was randomly created 20 years ago. For its truly an amazing and humbling thought indeed concerning the longevity of something that was practically non-existent back in the day only to become a considerable source of personal knowledge and not to mention a quintessential part of one's semi-daily life. Essentially, it's considered to be a sanctuary of sorts that best represents my own version of Superman's Fortress of Solitude

As I said before, the ever growing source of personal knowledge attained over a 20 year period stored within the sanctuary that I refer to as the inner sanctum represents my own version of Superman's Fortress of Solitude. Thinking about it further, its a metaphorical place where there are countless chamber doors and behind each one of them are the individual thoughts or should I say Yodaisms located inside. It's when I want to reflect back, as well as reminisce on any particular thought, I in all intents and purposes stand in front of a specific door, so to speak, inevitably opening a part of a possibly meaningful past at the time. A written past containing a plethora of mixed emotions that started in the very beginning with the thought of absolute uncertainty from a 19 year old kid about to graduate high school.

Oftentimes, when I've entered my online sanctuary to look back on all that I’ve written in the past 20 years I'm not disappointed or utterly embarrassed at what's been posted because like I mentioned before it's part of my past. As a matter of fact, it's a mental timeline of how far I've come to the point where there is a possibility of reaching a point where there's nothing left to say because my mind is all tapped out. However, there's always going to be something said by someone or read somewhere that will be that initial spark setting off something for me to write then posted for those who are interested to read. In any case, all the thoughts that have been accumulated whether they were good, bad, and everything in between were all coming from a place where I've taken a step back in order to keenly observe, as well as comprehend life, love, and certainly relationships in my own weirdly, unique way.

If you think about it, being able to document your thoughts in such a public forum for 20 years and counting gives a person like myself the opportunity to have people share their own personal stories involving a particular yodaism posted. I think it's safe to say that for quite a number of people they deem it a place where he or she can freely visit reading their personal favorites according to a certain few I know who said they've visited it many times. Why? The answer varies but the one main reason is the simple fact that I have a way of making people think in such a way it causes a person to want to read it over for a more clear understanding of it all. A perfect example would be the yodaism "Art Of Love'' comparing matters of the heart to a martial arts tournament, which if you're curious I encourage you to check it out and give it a read.

In retrospect, the inner sanctum has, is and will always be a real place that has considerable meaning when it comes to bearing my own heart, mind, and/or soul. True, it may not be well-known or in fact even popular; but word of mouth has spread about it to where it has sort of a “Field Of Dreams if you build it they will come” type of following. Of course, it will still be online when I'm no longer living this earthly existence because after all it is the internet where nothing ever truly dies. Granted, it may even be forgotten but for a period of time it was relevant to me as it became my sounding board/soap box to express what's been weighing on my mind. In the end, every person hopes to achieve a legacy they can proudly look back on and 20 years from now I hope I still have something to put behind another chamber door because as far as I'm concerned I still have more to say.

No comments: