Friday, June 16, 2006

The Way It Is

What is a hottie? It's a question that essentially has many different answers when it concerns either a guy or girl who supposedly has the total package going on. An athlete, actor, actress, musician, comedian, soldier, etc. are just a plethora of people who tend to be given the prestigious title. A title that can be given to someone solely on the basis of superficiality or given to someone that has something more than what's beyond the surface. Now it would be safe to say that for those who are reading this you may already have someone in mind. Let me ask you this question, who do you consider to be, whether you know this person or not, a hottie?

As a guy, several names stand out as the term hottie refers to someone of the female persuasion. Such names that come to my mind are Angelina Jolie, Jessica Alba, Heidi Klum, Halle Barry, Maria Sharapova, the lead singer of the Pussycat Dolls, Rachel Hunter, Heidi Klum, etc. the list goes on and on. Yet, it doesn't stop at celebrities as guys very well know certain females who one sees on a regular or semi-daily basis who are considered smokin'. Personally speaking, I know and/or am friends with certain females who I work with, have worked with, classmates with, chatted online with, and hung out with who I considered to be hotties; BUT unfortunately I will not divulge who those particular females are...sorry.

When it comes to the male side of the spectrum, guys don't necessarily sit around and talk about who's considered a hottie. However, women do to the point they talk all day about it to the point polls, fan clubs, as well as, websites are created in honor of the gentlemen they've picked to be the hottie of the minute, hour, day, week, month, and/or year. Such names that I have overheard who are deemed hotties are Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt, Paul walker, Orlando Bloom, Usher, Justin Timberlake, Taylor Hicks, etc. and the list goes on and on. More often than not its their appearance that tends to get their heads a turnin', their eyes a poppin', and hearts a poppin' to the point that a cold shower is needed to cool them down.

For the question can be asked though to the ladies, can someone who is in his golden ages still be considered a hottie? Is the hottie status reserved just for those of the younger generation? For there are plenty of distinguished gentlemen who still got their mojo going and are considered hotties in their own right according to a certain number of women across the world. Such names who still have the capacity to make women's hearts go pitter patter are Sir Sean Connery, Clint Eastwood, Paul Newman, and Robert Redford. Whether it's 007, Dirty Harry, or two guys who will be forever known as Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid its these guys who still have that certain something to which I tip my hat to them out of respect.

About 2 weeks ago a female friend of mine said that I am a hottie and though I was flattered I responded with a resounding no I am not. Why? I don't see myself as a hottie because I've experienced that ever so popular 5 word statement that I tend to hear which is you're a nice guy but. That "but" has been the proverbial bullet with my name on it and I've unfortunately hit many times with it. Being the so-called cute guy with dimples who is considered to be "just friends" material is who I feel that I am and if it seems that I sound a bit angry\/frustrated...well I am. In the end, that's the way it is and no amount of convincing me otherwise to prove me wrong will help.

No comments: