Saturday, August 25, 2007

My Next 30 Years

Someone once said, ~Turning 30 is a year long process to be explored through all 365 days. Only when one is 31 is one thirtysomething. And who remembers that show anyway?~ It's weird to say this, but I'm 30 years old. For the most part, you never really think about how old you are until you reach that so-called milestone age causing you to reflect back on your life. For it's such a surreal moment indeed as you begin to to think about the journey you've personally been through as you experienced the highs, lows, and everything in between that it just hit you, so to speak, to whereby you can't believe you've actually made this far in life, but also you think to yourself where has the time gone? Essentially, what it comes down to is the people I've met, the places I've been, and the things done that have made the past 30 years of my life an interesting/fun ride so far.

Thinking about it, you meet countless people over the years who initially are strangers at first, then become close friends, and depending how long you've known him/her/them they're considered family. Whether its in person or online you sometimes get to know them on a much deeper level and the same can be said for those people getting to me as they, in some aspect, get to step into my head for a minute or two by way of reading the Yodaisms I write, which have had some great responses. In any case when it comes to meeting that potential special someone all I have to say is there were...well...still are...feelings towards a particular woman who I had the privilege of spending time with who made my life that much more interesting and even though she's on a different path miles away, I can't help but think that if it's in God's will our paths may intersect one day again...who knows.

Let me ask you this question, where is the one place you have been to that has given you some great memories to look back on? Being a military kid, traveling was part of the game, in a manner of speaking, and living in such places as the Philippines, Alaska, California, D.C., South Carolina, and Pureto Rico were places that are part of my childhood growing up, whereby giving me some great memories. However, the single most greatest place that has given me unforgettable memories that I will never forget as long as I love is during my post military kid days and it was spent in Las Vegas on New Years Eve. Let me tell you something, I spent most of the time just soaking it all in taking pictures like a typical tourist and when it came to anticipation for the countdown to spark off a spectacular fireworks display to ring in the New Year, I was most certainly not disappointed whatsoever.

Without a doubt, we all have that proverbial list of things to do before leaving this earthly existence. Personally speaking, certain things that have been checked off are snorkeling on a deserted island off the coast of Puerto Rico, hiked up the El Yunke moutains, been to Disneyland/Disney World, Vegas on New Years Eve (a double whammy), a college football game, been a groomsmen for a friends wedding, took a picture with Mickey, took a picture at Bruce's Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, met a pro wrestler, and been to 3 WWF/WWE wrestling house shows. Yet, the biggest thing that I never thought I would actually do is skydiving seeing that I'm afraid of heights and I'm doing that. Hey, I may be out of my mind, but at least I'm doing something that I won't always regret wondering "what if" and I can look back on it with my kids someday as I say to them I did that.

In retrospect, the events of the past 30 years of my life have been absolutely the best and it seemed as if each one of them happened just yesterday. If you think about it though, it's not so much the events that were considered the absolute best, but rather it was the people who I spent it with that made my time on this earth worthwhile as they were able to always keep me smiling and laughing even though I may not have felt like it. From playing sandlot type ball games with neighborhood kids after school till the sun went down, to spending 2 1/2 years with The best classmates from Rosey Roads High School in Puerto, Rico, to working in a place that will make you gradually go insane along my best friend who is equally as insane, etc. are just some of the memories that I will never forget. In the end, up to this point the first 30 years of my life have been an interesting/fun ride, but I have to wonder what's in store for my next 30 years, which is a song by country superstar Tim McGraw.

No comments: