Saturday, September 29, 2012

Haven't Met You Yet

Karen Saunders once said, ~Right now, someone you haven't met is out there wondering what it would be like to meet someone like you.~ If you think about it, for those living the single life like myself has wondered or is wondering where and when we're going to meet that special someone we've been dreaming of for quite some time. You can't help but think about it from time to time so much so it can most definitely lead you to the brink of insanity. For it's a tough situation indeed to keep yourself mentally, as well as emotionally stable and not completely focus on the arrival/appearance of our heart's innermost desire. Yet, you know he/she is out there to the point where you wonder if that guy/girl is absolutely everything you've possibly ever imagined to be.

As I said before, its a tough situation for any person to keep himself/herself mentally and emotionally stable and not focus on the arrival/appearance of our heart's innermost desire. I think its safe to say single people tend to have a continual verbal/nonverbal discussion or should I say pep talk with themselves concerning our time of true happiness will inevitably come to absolute fruition. Thinking about it further, there are moments where while in deep contemplation you try not to drive yourself insane, make excuses on why you're not deserving of love/true love, and every other possibility conjured up not only within your mind, but heart as well. Hey, no one is immune to a seemingly powerful force and at times those same doubts/fears/worries will undoubtedly be erased when one's best friend for life finally steps into the picture.

Without a doubt, being patient is considered a virtuous trait to have and even though one has experienced/is experiencing times of frustration, disappointment, confusion, heartbreak, etc. they'll never give up hope or faith for that matter. You see, when the time of one's heart to heart connection with whoever you meet and meant to be with happens you know with 100% surety you'll work hard to make the established relationship long lasting and totally worthwhile. Essentially, it's a promise a number of people firmly stand by and continue to do so. However, its a sad state of affairs when the promise made is broken leaving one unfortunately feeling betrayed, confused, heart broken, not being able to trust again, etc. Let me tell you something, as a single guy who has been waiting to meet my special someone for what seems like forever, trust me when I say it's a definite promise I intend to keep.

Let me ask you this question to those who were once single and are now in a significant relationship with the guy/girl of their dreams, was it timing or just pure luck in meeting your lifetime partner? In my honest opinion, it primarily comes down to 3 parts rather than 2 for couples who have met and continue to experience a flourishing relationship...timing, luck, and faith in God. True, a sense of good timing and pure luck play an essential part but having a strong faith in God's divine power plays an immensely pivotal part in the meeting process. What it basically comes down to is fervently praying to Him while reading key scriptures in order to guide your own personal matters of the heart in the right direction, which more than anything helps in one's spiritual growth each day.

In retrospect, the one key aspect for any single person in eventually meeting the proverbial one who will complete one's heart is not pushing or fighting to make it happen. Granted, there is a part of you that wants to try to somehow speed things along but a person can make matters worse than better. Ultimately, you just have to trust God that He will unite you with the love of your life in due time and by His timing only. Of course, once you do the meeting you have with the proverbial one you've been patiently waiting for, perhaps popping up out of nowhere will turn out to be a truly amazing experience one will never be able to forget as long as you live. Personally speaking, I say to the unknown woman out there who God has planned for me that even though I haven't met you yet I know my life will be forever changed allowing me endless amounts of possibilities of a bright future shared together with you, which is a song by 3 time Grammy and multiple Juno Award winner Michael Buble.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I met my husband by doing something I was not suppose to I took a chance snuck out when I was 16 met him at waffle house. He is everything I've been looking for and everything I need. I feel if I hadn't of done it at that time I might be years before I would have met him again. We have been together 6 years strong married 2 in december and I wouldn't have it any other way. I love your post its so true.