Sunday, August 08, 2010

My Mark (600th Yodasim)

Someone once said, ~Leave your mark where others can only dream of going.~ Without a doubt, a person can oftentimes wonder what kind of impact/mark you’re meant to or want to leave in this world. For it's a tough situation indeed to stamp out a life you can look back on and be absolutely proud of but you do your very best. I think many would agree each one of us would most definitely want to set out to achieve our hopes, goals, and dreams all-the-while meeting people who have helped support and encourage you all the way. THinking about it, as we all go about our individual lives you find yourself asking whether or not you've been able to leave a lasting impression to where others may quite possibly become better people for knowing you.

If you think about it, being able to be a giver rather than a taker is considered one of the ways to leave your mark on this world. When I say giver I don't necessarily mean starting charities for important causes. Instead, be a giver of your time as you're there for people in your life who can always count on you to be there for them when they need it the most. An encourage word, a shoulder to cry on, words of wisdom/advice, much needed prayers, sharing the word of God, etc. are just a handful of ways where you can most definitely achieve a positive lasting impression to where your presence will not only be felt in their heart but also be a long lasting memory that will never fade away. So does anyone immediately come to mind for you?

As said before, you can find yourself asking whether or not you've been able to leave your mark in this world to the point where others may quite possibly become better people to know you. I think it would be safe to say we all would like to leave a mark in which the people who have gotten to know us didn't regret the friendship established for quite some time. You see, the mark of a great friendship is striving to be that guy/girl who brings you up instead of tearing/knocking you down emotionally, mentally, physically, and spiritually. Plus, when it comes to drama you try your best to avoid it rather than starting it causing unwanted conflict. In other words, you take the high road knowing full well you have the respect of many of your peers.

Let me ask you this question to those who are considered talented in their own right, do you think you will leave your mark with the abilities you have in a certain skill set in regard to what you enjoy or love doing? Music, singing, photography, entertainment, painting, poetry, drawing/sketching, books, etc. are just a number of things that on an individual basis are considerably good at because we believe in our abilities so much so that you're able to receive public recognition for your hard work. However, if you don't then it's okay because the simple joy of doing what you do will for all intents and purposes rub off on those around you. Let me tell you something, nothing is more gratifying than having some be inspired because of something you did and in turn they do it themselves.

This particular yodaism marks my 600th and when I first started writing 14 years ago I never really knew how mentally far I would be taking my thoughts. It truly befuddles my mind on how much I've written down in the past that I think are relevant subjects matters and how, in some ways, it has affected people who have read them to where they respond to what I've written by sharing info concerning their own personal life. Ultimately, it's those readers who end up writing themselves and its flattering to know you, in some way, had a part in it. In the end, to those who continue to read what I write I hope I have been able to somehow leave my mark on you and whether you've possibly become a better person for knowing me that is for you to decide.

2 comments:

Travis Cody said...

Wow...600 eh? Congrats to you Sir!

Anonymous said...

Yeah congrats, but I've been the leader of the Pack for over 10 years and real life sure beats this net bullshit.